The latest statistics say there are 3,365 different facilities in the United States, from small town jails to federal supermax.
We cannot possibly know what is allowed and what is not - it is up to you to find out before ordering.
We strongly recommend you call the facility mail room and ask what is allowed.
The important questions relate to number of magazines allowed at one time, and what publications and genres are banned.
Here is a sample script:
1. Can they receive magazines from an on-line vendor?
2. How many can they receive at one time?
3. Do you have certain titles that are banned?
4. I want to send ______________ and ________________ and __________________. Will he (she) be able to receive them?
5. Do you have a banned title list? Some institutions have an actual list of what is not allowed.
Her is an example of a banned list: King County Banned List
One phone call can prevent a lot of hassle and wasted money.
Consult our Return Log and see if the facility you are sending to is listed, and see what experience we have with the facility.
Ask the inmate! The longer he is there, the more aware he should be about what is allowed and what isn't.